Small business COVID-19 recovery grant
By D'Lene Browning
Small businesses may be eligible for another COVID-19 recovery grant.
The NSW government has made available another grant of up to $3,000 to help small business get back to business by meeting the costs of
safely reopening or upscaling operations.
The grant can be used to cover:
- Fitout changes
- Staff training expenses and counselling to work in a COVID safe way.
- Cleaning products and additional cleaning services
- Marketing and advertising expenses
The grant can only be used for purchases of eligible expenses made from 1 July 2020, and only where no other government support is
To be eligible for the grant, you must as at 1 March 2020:
- Have an annual turnover of more than $75,000
- Employ less than 20 full-time equivalent (FTE) staff (non-employing businesses can apply)
- Be able to report a payroll below the NSW 2019-2020 payroll tax threshold of $900,000
- Be in a highly impacted industry by the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020
Have experienced at least 30% decline in turnover from March to July 2020 compared to the equivalent period (of at least 2 weeks) in 2019
- Have costs associated with safely reopening or up-scaling your business from 1 July 2020.
If you have received a COVID-19 small business support grant of up to $10,000, you may also be eligible for this grant.
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 16 August 2020. More information on eligibility and applying is available through the following link: Apply
for a small business covid-19 recovery grant.
Cleint Services Supervisor