Drought Assistance Fund (RAA)
By Matthew Moloney
Only $9,609,810 remains of the $100,000,000 allocated for loan funding, check if you're eligible.
The NSW Government is offering a $50,000 interest-free loan to transport stock, fodder and water, genetic banking of breeding herds and
installing on-farm fodder and water infrastructure. The loan term is seven years and there are no repayments required in the first two
Eligible activities include:
- Transport of livestock, fodder and water
- Water and fodder infrastructure
- Banking of genetic material of livestock
- Activities which promote profitability and resilience as a result of the on-farm investment
To be eligible, the criteria are as per the Transport Subsidy above and the following:
- You must lodge an application before commencement of the activity
- Note that payments will be made on receipt of eligible tax invoices
- Note that successful applicants must provide NSW RAA with satisfactory security
- Loans will be fully drawn within 12 months of approval
Please note that applicants who received a loan in the 2018/2019 financial year are eligible to apply for another loan in the 2020 financial
Click here for more information and to apply.
To read more on drought assistance measurements, see link to Fact sheets page on our website and
download NSW Drought Assistance article.